Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 71

Hello Everyone!!

This week was pretty good, not too exciting.  On Monday we were able to see a less-active family that we haven't been able to meet with for a couple of weeks, so that was really good!!  The Fabians are still doing really well, I really love that family, they are just such great people and I've been so grateful to be able to work with them!  Tuesday was a long day, I did an exchange in the morning with Sister Flake to get to know her area because next transfer I'll be taking over her wards, so that was helpful!  We did that Wednesday morning as well and it's been really helpful!  Then we had interviews and inspections which were really good!  I am so grateful for the mission president that I have been blessed to have, he always gives good counsel and is just wonderful!  He helped to resolve random concerns that I've been having. :)  Then that evening we went and saw another less-active that we haven't been able to contact in a couple of months, and I feel bad that we haven't been able to go back to see him.  When we pulled up he came out to greet us and we had a great discussion with him!  He has been less-active since he was 13 and he's in his 60s.  But, he seems to be really open so that's good!!  Then Wednesday we were able to see another less-active lady that we haven't visited since December because she hasn't answered or hasn't been feeling well, so it was really good to visit her!  Apparently a miracle happened and I'm a cat whisperer.  She's had this cat for about 6 years and it's been REALLY anti-social, as in it only allows one person to hold it.  Well, for about 10 minutes the cat snuggled on my lap!  The whole time she was in absolute aw that it was happening because the cat hates people.....so I'm really good with cats I guess? :)  I think it's being a missionary, because I'm telling you, this has happened a lot on my mission, animals can sense us being missionaries!!  Anyway, I thought that was funny!  Then we saw Kilee that evening and she is still doing pretty well!!  She is such a sweet girl and I am continually grateful for the opportunity that I've had to be able to work with her!  :)  Then Thursday evening we were able to have a neighborhood get-together at one of our ward mission leader's amphitheater!  It turned out to be a great evening and we had some less-active people that came and seemed to enjoy it!!  Then Saturday we were able to go help a less-active shovel manure and wheel it over to a garden area.  I'm sure if I did that before my mission I wouldn't have been so excited to do that, but I just love getting outside and working hard now, the mission sure does change you! :)  Then that evening we were able to visit a less-active that we haven't been able to meet since I've been here, and we had such a good visit with her!  She just needs some motivation to get coming to church, so hopefully we can keep visiting her and help her to become active again!!  Then yesterday we were able to teach our 5th Sunday lesson in one of our wards, and we hope that it went well.  Some people had a hard time hearing us because we were in the cultural hall and our voices aren't loud enough, but no one told us so we didn't know.  But, by the end a lot of our members realized that they really can participate in missionary work!  It was fun to teach. :)  Anyway, it's been a pretty good week and I hope that you all have a wonderful week and a wonderful Easter and that you can remember that it's #BecauseOfHim that our Heavenly Father's plan will allow us to return to Him.  I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Zimmerman
 We had some fun this morning taking pictures by the Taylor sign!!  I'm glad I finally got a picture there! :)
 This is seriously a town in between Taylor and Snowflake.
  was trying to be fancy with the camera, I thought this looked cool :)
                                                   
                               
               
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment