Monday, March 9, 2015

week 68

Hello Everyone!

I hope that your weekend has been great!  We had a pretty good weekend!  We were able to see a less-active family on Wednesday night that we haven't seen in over a month, so I was really happy that it actually turned out!  We were able to teach the Restoration and it went really well, they are all really receptive and have been coming back to church, but their boy who will be turning 8 soon doesn't get to come to church because of custody and so this will hopefully help prepare him to be baptized soon!  Then on Thursday we were able to have a good lesson with another couple who have been returning for a while.  They are great, and I hope that we can continue to work with them to prepare them to go to the temple in the near future!  Anyway, then on Saturday we were able to do an exchange in the evening because Sister Boss was sick so I went with Sister Flake and we contacted a less-active guy who she had worked with for a while.  That was pretty cool to be able to contact him.  We tried to convince him to come to church, but he didn't come.  Next week maybe?  Anyway, then Sunday was such an amazing day.  First, Meghan came to church!!!  I cannot even express how excited I was to see her at church.  You know, I wish more people could understand how much it means to a person to feel wanted at church.  I feel like we've been able to help her to get to this point and it makes me so happy.  But, if more members understood this, imagine how many more people would attend!  People need to feel wanted.  We ALL do.  Anyway, I was just really happy to see her there!  Then we traveled down to the valley and were able to perform at the fireside.  It turned out pretty good.  I was able to do a duet with Sister Flake, and it was just about one of the coolest experiences that I have had with feeling the spirit.  While we were singing the Spirit just poured over me and I was so grateful that I was able to bear my testimony that I know that My Savior lives through song.  It was just really cool, and it was totally worth all of the time that we put into traveling and practicing for it.  So, it was a good weekend.  I love you all and hope that you are all doing well and are able to find small and simple ways to participate in the hastening of the work of salvation!

Love,
Sister Zimmerman
 ​Traveling up from the mountain this morning with these two beautiful sisters!  
Meiwan at the Scottsdale mission fireside:D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment