Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 45

Hello Everyone!!

The past few days have been good!!!  Our P-day was good, it's definitely different living in a member's home but the members that we live with are the biggest sweethearts ever!  We are finally all unpacked with our supplies and our personal stuff so that's exciting!  Wednesday night we just went to dinner with a member and had a good conversation with her, she actually served a mission!  It was really fun to talk to her about her mission experiences!  Then Thursday we had an appointment with Anne Marie who is a recent convert who is also less-active.  We had a good conversation of me getting to know her and she is actually a caregiver at an assisted living so I think we will click!  We also went to see another recent convert who is less active, but she wasn't home, so we visited with the member who she is living with.  When we were about to leave her with a prayer, Barbara showed up with a friend who isn't a member so we ended up introducing her friend to the church and answering some questions that she had!  Then we stopped by another recent convert who is less active and were just able to share a prayer and set up another appointment. Then we went to dinner with the Nicolls who are super cute!  5 of their 6 kids are adopted and are super fun, I really enjoyed getting to know them!  I also found out that she is a convert and was introduced at 14 and brought her whole family in.  I was also able to meet the Relief Society president and our Ward mission leader that night.  It's super helpful to meet these people!  Then Friday wasn't too exciting with lots of planning, then dinner with a recent convert who is amazing and super cute!  I'm super excited to get to know her!  Her name is Patsy and actually took the lessons for a couple of years before she was finally baptized, and she was DEFINITELY worth it! :)  Then Saturday was AMAZING!!!!!  We got to go to a conference with the Mesa Mission where Elder Russell M. Nelson spoke!!!!!  It was sooooo good and we all got to shake his hand and when he shook our hand he said "good morning, Sister Zimmerman" so it was super cool!  He was really funny!  He had two other General Authorities with him who addressed us first, and they were Elder Foster from the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy and Elder Hansen from the 6th Quorum of the Seventy.  Some of Elder Nelson's funny quotes were "the halibut is the ugliest fish I've ever seen"  We can't quite remember how that tied in... then he also said "I know we shouldn't talk about marriage, but let's talk about marriage for a bit!"  Then while talking about that he addressed us sisters and said, "when prince charming kneels down and asks you to be mine, say no.....UNLESS, he is worthy of you and he loves the Lord more than you, because if he loves the Lord more than you, he will have a greater capacity to love you."  Elder Nelson focused on a lot of things like being exactly obedient, and other things that I forgot because I do not have my study journal with me.  But it was a neat experience and I'm happy I was able to be there!  We also extended a baptismal date for our investigator Travis for the 25th of October so we are really excited about that!  Also, on Sunday we had two ladies come to our church and they came halfway through sacrament, then they left right after and I chased them down because I wanted to find out why they were there and if they would be interested in learning more, and they actually came to the rest of the block with us!!!!!  They are so prepared, but they are unfortunately in another ward.  But it was really neat!  I am just enjoying this new area and am so excited to serve here!  I love you all and hope that you are participating in hastening the Lord's work as well!! 

Love,
Sister Zimmerman
 I saw Elder Bartlett from the Mesa Mission - my neighbor from South Jordan :D
 Sister Lords
New Companion Sis. Rudy!

No comments:

Post a Comment