Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 28

Hello everyone!
This week has been good!  Monday we didn't do too much, but Tuesday was exciting.  We have members of the Relief Society in one of our wards signed up to take us out for one hour to either go Visiting Teaching or to go contact someone with them.  Well on Tuesday we were taken out by a member to go to see a less-active member that is a good friend of hers.  We had a wonderful visit with her and hope to be able to work with her some more!  She was very open to us coming over and was just very nice.  Out here we visit people from one end of the spectrum to the other.  Some cuss at us and shoo us away; some don't ever answer the door; some are never home, etc.  So as always, it is refreshing to visit someone who is very nice to us and is willing to have a conversation with us!  Then we were able to go to a Relief Society activity and make some banners and get to know the members more, which I was grateful for since I am still new to the area.  It's so different from being a greenie.  I almost want to watch my interaction with the members when I was a real greenie.  I guess my perspective on everything has changed and I just am so much more open to talk to anyone and everyone.  Everyone on earth has something to offer.  I've learned so much from members, investigators, less-actives and so on and so forth.  It's just amazing and am feeling so grateful to be out serving a mission!  Then Wednesday we had District Meeting then finished studies and let Sister Stevens rest because she had a bad cold, so we thought.  Well Thursday I wasn't feeling well, so we didn't see too many people, but we still taught a little bit.  Then Friday we went to the doctor to find out that we had sinus infections, so we got our drugs then came home and napped off and on throughout the day.  Then Saturday we didn't go out either, because we still weren't feeling too great.  Then Sunday was good, it was long because I still wasn't feeling well because my sinus infection was still running it's course, but we were able to make it through all of our meetings and for that I am grateful!  Then we had my first lesson with an investigator named Dianne at a member's home.  It was such a great lesson and I am so excited to be able to work with her!  She is a really neat lady and is basically ready for baptism after quitting smoking and drinking coffee and getting married to her boyfriend!  So that was exciting!  Then yesterday we cleaned a lot and went shopping then rested some more at the apartment.  Sorry I wasn't able to email yesterday, I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!  I love you all!!!  
Love,
Sister Zimmerman
 
 Sister Stevens and I waiting for blessings outside of a members home in our car, with Ted their cat.
 Our cute little apartment in Show Low

​we only have a couch because we are in a members apartment...they don't live there but they own it, and this is their couch so we are pretty grateful for it, at least I am

No comments:

Post a Comment