Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 48

Hello everyone!!

Well, another week has gone by...and another month.  I really can't believe that I've been out for 11 months today!  It's weird remembering the things that I was doing just a year ago, and it's just funny.  Anyway, this week really wasn't too exciting, but that's okay because the slow and hard weeks make the amazing weeks that much sweeter!!  So on Monday evening we were able to see a recent convert named Judy and shared a scripture with her.  We also stopped by later this week to teach her about eternal marriage but I'm not quite sure how much she grasped of it.  But she is doing better from the time I met her because she was really offended and mad when I met her so I'm really happy that her heart has softened!  Then we also saw Barbara and taught her the Plan of Salvation.  It was a good lesson and I think she really enjoyed it.  After teaching her we both decided that we think she is ready to progress toward going to the temple.  I really hope that we are able to get her there because I just want her to have those special blessings that we receive in the temple.  Then Tuesday we saw a less-active family and taught them the Plan of Salvation.  We are also trying to get them to return to the temple.  They need to make some changes in their lives to do so, but I'm confident that as we keep meeting with them that they will be able to progress!  Then Wednesday we saw Judy our investigator that I said was so awesome and I was so excited.  Well, we taught her the Restoration and invited her to be baptized and she definitely wasn't up to being baptized but she said we could still meet with her.  Then later in the week she got in a fight with her fellowshipper and so she left her Book of Mormon outside of this member's door.  So she dropped us and I was sad, but I know that Heavenly Father has someone prepared for us to teach!  Then we saw Ann Marie and Demitri and they are both doing well and hopefully on track to enter the temple as well!  Then Thursday we saw Travis and Katie and talked to them about tithing and fast offerings and I think it went well!  Sad part, they weren't able to come to church on Sunday, but he does seem to be progressing still!  We can see that he is gaining a testimony, we just hope that he can recognize it and make changes based on that testimony.  Then just before going to dinner a member called out to us and said that he had a referral for us!  He met a guy that has been starting to attend church at another building but lives in our area!  He gave us his number but the phone number didn't work, so we will try to get in contact with him in another way.  Then Saturday we saw a lady in the ward whose husband is dying of cancer right now and we offered our help to take in groceries then we got to talk to her for a little bit.  Then their son and two grandsons came in and the son asked us a couple of questions about the church but said he wasn't interested in really learning more.  Hey, at least he has some questions!  We also got to talk to a cool guy on the street and he talked to us for a good 15 minutes about the Bible and he had so much knowledge it was crazy!  We finally convinced him to take a Book of Mormon and he said that he would read it!  Then Sunday we were able to go to sacrament meeting at the Towers which is an assisted living, and it was just really fun I enjoyed it!  Then a minister from another religion attended our sacrament meeting so that was neat!  So it's been a good week!  I am also starting to read the Book of Mormon and highlight the Christlike attributes that I find.  It's been really exciting thus far and i feel like I am able study the Book of Mormon better!  I've already seen great examples of obedience, forgiveness and patience.  All things that I strive to improve on.  Anyway, I hope you are all doing well!  I love ad miss you all!!

Love,
Sister Zimmerman
weeding service project :D

No comments:

Post a Comment