Thursday, November 28, 2013

Arrived in Scottsdale!

Hi Family!! This week has been crazy!! The past few days have been wonderful I'll just write it all out for you all so everyone can read how I'm doing!

I don't really know how to start....I lOOOOVE my Mission President!! He is so wonderful!  He is a very funny guy but knows how to work hard!  I was blessed with a WONDERFUL companion!! Her name is Sister Heaps.  She is so dedicated, she studies hard, etc.  I just love her to death and we became companions not even 24 hours ago!!  We are in an area called Arcadia.  We are in a very wealthy area but I'm so excited!!  We actually went out to dinner with a member last night it was fun!  We had a few visits last night, and one of them was a recent convert.  His name is Don.  He is so wonderful!  He actually reminds me of one of my residents whose name was Don.  He is 86 and a widower.  He loves kids and is just one jolly guy.  Last night, he asked us to help him decorate his tree on the 16th of December and I just can't wait!  We can't go inside with him unless there are three of us Sisters so we just sat out on the porch.  It felt like a breezy summer night.  I love it here!!!  We had watermelon.  You read that right.  I ate watermelon at the end of November. :)  Anyway, we were talking to him and he is singing at the Ward Christmas party so he sang a little part of it for us.  He was so good and I was filled with even more joy than I already have right now!!  Tomorrow we will be eating at a members home and we will be stopping by six other members homes....the average weight gain is 20 pounds in this mission....the gym will become my best friend shortly :).  We also got a text today from an investigator that wants us to come teach her right away so we will probably just have lunch and head out!  Just last night being able to talk to a few people I have felt the spirit so much!!  I LOVE being a missionary!! I seriously love it!! I can't wait to see these next 17ish months pass by although I already really don't want them to end!!!  Please all try to get a referral in before Christmas!  I challenge you all to participate in missionary work and I promise you all it will bring you so much joy!!!! 
 
 
President & Sister Sweeney

Mesa Temple
 

No comments:

Post a Comment